NBAF-Edinburgh offers sequencing service on three platforms:
- Sanger (dideoxy) sequencing on ABI 3730 instruments
- Illumina SOLEXA short read sequencing on Illumina HiSeq 2000 and MiSeq instruments
- Bioinformatics Support to NERC researchers
ABI 3730 (Sanger)
- DNA sequencing from PCR products, plasmids and other templates up to 800 bases.
- We offer services from sequence analysis only (we run your completed reactions) to full shotgun analysis of large insert clones (including construction of shotgun libraries and assembly).
- Samples may be submitted individually or in 96 well plates.
- We also perform analysis of fluorescently labeled genotyping experiments (microsatellites or AFLP).
Illumina HiSeq 2000
- The instrument can generate up to 180 million reads per lane, and there are 8 lanes per run.
- Sequences can be from 50 bases to 100 bases
- Sequences can be generated from both ends of inserts (paired-end sequencing, 50 or 100 bases from each end)
- The instrument can generate over 300 gigabases per week.
- Applications include
de novo genome sequencing
genome resequencing and targeted genome resequencing
RNA-Seq (transcriptome sequencing)
deep SAGE (digital transcriptomics)
smallRNA sequencing (microRNA sequencing)
ChIP-Seq (chromatin immunoprecipitation sequencing)
RNA-IP_Seq (RNA immunoprecipitation squencing)
and variants thereof.
Contact us for more information and a quotation firstname.lastname@example.org
http://genepool.bio.ed.ac.uk for more details